List Of Tema Harbor Jobs In Ghana
Tema harbor is a harbor located in Tema in the southeastern part of Ghana along the Gulf of Guinea. We will be talking about some job opportunities available there in today’s article.
The City of Tema is one of the fastest developing cities in Ghana. It has a very strategic location which makes it a major transport hub for goods, people, and services to and from the rest of the country. The city, therefore, constitutes an important node on the national transportation network.
On Latest Ghana, we shall be covering more about List Of Tema Harbor Jobs In Ghana for 2022.
What Is Done At The Tema Harbor?
- The harbor serves as both a loading and unloading port for goods.
- It also serves as a major transit point for goods from land-locked countries to the north of Ghana.
- It also handles trades for industries and commercial companies that import and export various goods such as textiles, food, cement, petroleum, and metals.
When was the Tema Harbor Built?
The Tema harbor was built in the year 1962 to provide cargo handling services to the surrounding region. The harbor was built a year after the town was first commissioned by Ghana’s first president, Kwame Nkrumah.
The Tema metropolis was also designed, planned and also developed by an award-winning urban planner and Ghana’s first architect called Theodore S. Clerk.
Jobs Available At Tema Harbor
There are numerous jobs options available for anyone who wish to work at the Tema harbor. We have made a long list of some of the available jobs. Check the list of jobs below and select the one that best suit your status and qualification.
- Planning manager
- Rolling stock engineer
- Compensation and benefits officer
- Naval architect
- Shipping broker
- Ship fitter
- Tool pusher
- Oil driller
- Pump man
- Cargo engineer
- Harbor security officer
- Human resource manager
- Warehouse operator
- Cruise line operator
- Vessel traffic service directors
- Freight forwarder
- Ship repairer and maintenance
Requirements needed to work in Tema Harbor
- First degree and a relevant master’s degree from a reputable university
- A relevant professional requirement
- Experience in labor related issues
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in managing people
- Experience in collective bargaining
- Understanding of the maritime industry
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.