How To Make Liquid Soap In Ghana
Liquid soaps are gaining ground as household items due to their usefulness. The outbreak of the Covid 19 really gave the liquid soap an urge over the normal bar soaps as almost all the public institutions and businesses mandated people to use liquid soaps to wash their hands before they had access to enter the buildings.
In this article, we are taking a look at some easy steps you can follow to make your own liquid soap.
Knowing how to make liquid soap is a great way to make some income from it as a side hustle or it can be used as a full-time work depending on your financial burdens.
Below is a list of the seven most common ingredients used in making liquid soap and their uses
- Sodium Benzoate and Benzoic Acid: it us used to prolong the shelf life of liquid soap and prevents fungi like yeast and mold from colonizing
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate: it is responsibel for the foaming elements of soap and reduces the surface tension of water, allowing it to wet and clean surfaces.
- Methylisothiazolinone and Methylchloroisothiazolinone: for cleaning wood products, as they can control sap stain, mold, and mildew.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: It has antiseptic properties.
- Fragrance: it adds a perfuming element to soap.
- pH Adjusters: It acts as a stabilizing agent, helping pH levels remain steady
- Dyes: they give the soap a new colour
Simple Steps To Follow In Making Liquid Soap
1. Grab some natural plant oil like palm kernel oil, coconut oil, or olive oil. Any of the oils can be used or it can be combined together to give the soothing effect.
2. Make lye water, also known as Lime Water. Mix the caustic soda with water until it dissolves. The reaction of sodium hydroxide and water is very severe and it produces heat, so you need to be careful at this process.
3. Mix the oils with the lye water. Once mixed, allow the soap to rest up to 24 hours.
4. After the soap has set, slowly add heat and water until the soap is smooth at a liquid thickness you like.
5. You then add the fragranc and dye to give it a new look and scent.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.