List of data analyst jobs in Ghana
Data analysts are in demand in Ghana, and the number of jobs for data analysts is increasing.
There are many job opportunities for data analysts in Ghana. The demand for these jobs is growing as more companies start to use data analysis to improve their businesses.
Data analyst jobs in Ghana are becoming more and more popular. These jobs require a skill set that is not common to many people.
The data analyst job is a very broad term that can be defined as someone who analyzes data for their company. They might work with different types of data, from customer data to product sales, and analyze it to find trends or patterns. Data analysts can also be responsible for creating reports with the information they have found out about the company’s performance.
In Ghana, these jobs are becoming more and more popular because there is an increasing need for them in today’s society. The skillset required for this job is not common to many people so it would be hard for companies in Ghana to find the right person without looking outside of the country.
- Data analyst at JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI)
- Data analyst intern at Brainnest
- Strengthen the collection, analysis and use of health data for decision making by supporting the selection, collection and processing of relevant health information;
- Improve the capacity at the national and regional levels of health service to enhance data analysis and interpretation;
- Facilitate access to data that will improve its use by enabling analysis by sex and other disaggregation’s, generate information to improve the quality and coverage of service delivery, and assist with the development of a comprehensive data analysis resource that can benefit all health programs, including the national malaria program;
- Promote gender equity in data analysis and interpretation;
- Support the deployment of new tools, methods and processes to improve the generation of information products (e.g. data visualizations, dashboards, GIS maps) and promote their adoption and use;
- Provide national and regional level support in data analysis methods to improve capacity to understand barriers to coverage, access and quality of health programs;
- Advise the MOH/GHS on new data science techniques (e.g. artificial intelligence and machine learning) and assist with the implementation of these new techniques to improve the use of data at all levels of the health system;
- Provide technical assistance at the national and subnational levels to effectively use data collected through HMIS for decision making;
- Plan and conduct assessments to understand barriers to the use of information and develop tailored interventions to improve the quality and use of data; and
- Help the MOH/GHS to implement a standardized measure of the quality of data collected regularly by programs in the national HMIS.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the following disciplines is required: information systems, health informatics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, epidemiology, public health, biostatistics or a related field;
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience doing data analysis, cleaning, and validation is required;
- Expertise and hands-on experience with database design, data model development, query languages, and ETL process is highly desirable;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Possess a solid understanding of database architecture and data warehouse infrastructure;
- Knowledge of big data concepts, strategies, and methodologies;
- Practical knowledge and experience with leading database systems, reporting, and business intelligence tools (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Tableau, and SAS) is desirable;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other data manipulation tools is required;
- Knowledge of performance measures, root cause analysis and continuous improvement is required;
- Understanding of the Malaria control program and its surveillance or Monitoring and evaluation system, DHIMS2, events-based surveillance and data collection at the community level;
- Previous work with the Ghana Health Service and relevant Directorates at national, regional and sub-regional levels would be an advantage;
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: DHIS2, OpenHIE, FHIR, SurveyCTO, Magpi, CommCare, GIS platforms, Community Health Toolkit, RapidPro, Android / iOS development;
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work closely and in an integrated manner with a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to take initiative to produce expected results; and
- Ability to speak and write reports in English.
Must be based and able to work in Ghana.
Thank You for reading this post from Latest Ghana as online entertainment and news portal from Ghana. Don’t forget to recommend our site, Latest Ghana to your friends and family who might also profit from the information on our website and check out our other articles because we have more information to bring to you via your devices.
I believe you have any comments or suggestions to drop about this article, kindly make use of the comment box below and reach us for more discussion.
Latest Ghana is on the mission to promote anything latest from Ghana; Latest Entertainment News, General News, Sports, Insurance, Banks, Mortgage, Farming, Scholarship, Education and Schools Admission, Product pricing, Food, Fashion, Health, Business and more.